Cherry Cheesecake Heaven with Trixi & A’dora!
While in London, Trixi Tassels and I have been staying together and the one thing we have enjoyed doing is cooking together. We thought you would enjoy one of the cherry cheesecake desserts that we prepared – it was soooooo delicious!!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 10 (125g) gingernut biscuits
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon gelatine
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 410g can pitted black cherries
- Place biscuits in a food processor and pulse until broken into small pieces (coarser than crumbs). Spoon into the base of four 3/4-cup capacity glass dishes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. In another bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Combine gelatine and 2 teaspoons cold water in a small heatproof bowl. Stand for 5 minutes. Place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring, until gelatine is dissolved. Alternatively, heat in a microwave on HIGH (100%) for 20 seconds. Allow to stand for 5 minutes or until the same temperature as the cream cheese mixture. Add gelatine mixture to cream cheese mixture and stir until well combined. Fold whipped cream through mixture. Spoon onto biscuit bases. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Blend cornflour and 2 tablespoons cold water in a small bowl to a smooth paste. Combine cherries (including their syrup) and cornflour mixture in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture just comes to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Spoon over cream cheese mixture. Return to fridge for 30 minutes or until set.
- Cheesecakes can be made 1 day in advance. Cover and place in the fridge.
Check out this recipe and many other fantastic ideas here.